Touchstones for Collaborationadopted March 2020
- Be present as fully as possible. Speak our truth from our hearts and minds.
- Listen generously to each other’s truth. Trust that we all hold a piece of the puzzle and we need each other’s pieces to understand the whole picture.
- Embrace differences and be open to learning from each other.
- When the going gets tough, suspend judgment and get curious. Be quick to forgive and ask open questions to understand.
- Honor each other’s learning and resourcefulness. Trust we each will learn and contribute in our own way, that there is no need to “fix” each other.
- Make space to pause and reflect to deepen our thinking.
- Be willing to have meaningful conflict to create unprecedented goals and solutions. When needed, seek counsel for help with conflicts.
- Allow our ideas to be developed further by others.
- Seek common ground. When we can’t fully agree, we commit to seeing what happens from a humble posture of learning, reaching a decision we can all live with.
- Accept that we will sometimes fail, but will learn together and move forward, also known as failing forward.
- Help each other to have the confidence to spread our wings, be creative, and take on new roles.
- Balance our yearning for change with patience for the process of change and growth.
- Make the way we work together be an example of what’s possible.
TOUCHSTONES FOR COLLABORATION PDF